- 2 Organic Salmon Fillets
- 1 Clove Of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1. Heat the oven to 180°C/160°Cfan/Gas 4 and line a large baking tray with foil leaving enough on all sides to fold over the salmon fillets whilst cooking.
2. In a small bowl mix together your honey, garlic, olive oil, white wine vinegar, and thyme. Taste, and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
3. Place your salmon fillets on the sheet of foil and fold up all 4 sides to make a bowl shape. Pour your honey mixture all over your salmon and fold up the sides more, joining in the centre to make a closed parcel.
4. Place into your oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until cooked through and the salmon fillet flakes easily.
5. Serve immediately.
FREQUENTLY ASKED SALMON QUESTIONS:
When you buy organic salmon, you are buying salmon that has come from a trusted source, with the highest welfare standards at the heart of its production. Organic salmon production is regulated to ensure lower stocking densities, conditions that mimic nature as closely as possible and feed is GMO free. We believe organic salmon is a better tasting fish as a result of the organic conditions in which it was produced, but don’t just take our word for it, try it for yourself.
At Coombe Farm Organic we work with JCS fish who supply our organic salmon. JCS fish are one of the UK’s only suppliers of organic salmon production, certified by the Organic Food Federation. We are proud to work with JCS fish as we believe their organic salmon is something very special. The salmon is reared in Spring which mimics an Atlantic salmon’s natural reproductive cycle. The salmon are fed an approved organic feed which is GMO free, with only natural pigments used in the organic salmon feed, resulting in a slightly paler flesh, in comparison to conventionally farmed salmon whose feed have been manipulated to enhance their pink flesh colour. Space is essential in any organic farming system and these salmon are no exception, being given the freedom to move and grow, the space is double that of conventional fish farming systems. This space paired with clean saltwater with a strong flow ensures the salmon grow lean and strong, resulting in a better tasting fish.
Just like organic meat, you can get organic fish. Organic fish grows in conditions as close to nature intended as possible state, with production of organic fish being carried out in uncontaminated water of high quality, where the fish do not eat artificial feed and have room to roam. We are proud to work with one of the UK’s only organically certified salmon producers, JCS fish. You can find their organic salmon on our website, delivered frozen so you can enjoy it all year round should you wish.
Wild caught fish is not organic as there is no way to control fish movement, diet or exposure to contaminants.