Easy to follow steps to cook your Christmas turkey to perfection this year.
1. Allow your prized bird to rest at room temperature for an hour or so.
2. Preheat your oven to 180C.
3. Place your bird in a deep bottomed roasting tray and rub all over with your salt and pepper. Scatter your bay leaves over the top and wrap in two layers of foil.
4. Roast for 30 minutes per kg.
5. Everyone loves crispy skin, so remove your layers of foil for the last 20 minutes of roasting time.
6. Rest for at least 20 minutes before carving and serving.
7. Whilst resting, pour the juices from your roasting tray in to a saucepan and reduce over a high heat to make the most delectable jus.