1. Allow your duck to reach room temperature whilst you make your spiced glaze.
2. Preheat your oven to 200C.
3. Grind your cloves in a pestle and mortar and mix with your ground cinnamon.
4. Grate the zest from one of your oranges and add this, along with your ground spices to a bowl. Squeeze the juice from one of your oranges in to your bowl and drizzle in your honey too.
5. Place your duck in a large roasting tray, generously smother in your spiced glaze, and scatter with your almonds and slices of your remaining orange.
6. Roast for 1.5 hours and rest, well covered, for at least 20 minutes before carving.
7. We like to serve ours alongside roasted carrots and parsnips.