Coombe Farm Organic Shoulder of Lamb (On the bone)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6
2. Using your knife make shallow scores on the fat of the shoulder making sure you do not cut the meat. Cross-hatching is the best technique to use.
3. Mix the dried chamomile, thyme, rosemary, sage, oregano together in a bowl before seasoning with salt and black pepper.
4. Massage half the mixed herbs into the shoulder of lamb pushing the mixture into the scores you previously made.
5. Sprinkle the rest of the herb mix into your casserole dish, place the joint of meat into the dish and squeeze the lemon juice over the joint.
6. Lightly drizzle the olive oil and honey over the joint giving even coverage. Pour the water into the cooking dish (not over the joint), place the lid on the dish and put in the oven for 2½ hours. Check the joint after the first hour if the water has evaporated add more water and return to the oven.
7. Once the joint has cooked for the recommended time take it out of the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes. After it has rested the meat should be falling off the bone and beautifully succulent.