- 8 Organic eggs
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Sticks of celery, diced
- 1 Medium carrot, diced
- 120g Chorizo, diced into 1cm chunks
- 8 Medium leftover roast potatoes, roughly broken up.
- Handful of spinach
- Half a red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 Cloves of garlic finely sliced
- Handful of grated parmesan
- 50g Sun-dried tomatoes (or fresh toms halved)
- Few sprigs of thyme, oregano (or any fresh herbs you have)
- 1 Teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chilli flakes
- Oil for cooking (preferably cold-pressed rapeseed)
You will need a heavy based deep frying pan/skillet, which is oven safe.
1. Turn your grill on to full to get it nice and hot while you cook on the hob.
2. Add a few glugs of oil to the pan and heat to low/medium on the hob. Add the chilli flakes, paprika and herbs, fry for a few seconds then add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic and red pepper. Gently fry until softened, take your time, don’t rush this stage.
3. Roughly rip the roast potatoes up and add to the pan and combine, leave to fry for a few minutes (you may have to add a little more oil). Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a bowl, whisk and season well.
4. Turn the heat to low and pour the whisked eggs into the pan, moving it around to make sure the base of the pan is covered and season. Gently with a flat spatula, ease the edges of the frittata from the pan as it cooks, don’t cook too fast as the base may burn.
5. After 3-4 minutes start to add the top ingredients, first dot the spinach into the eggs, followed by the tomatoes, then the chorizo, then the grated parmesan.
6. Continue to cook for a few more minutes, you will know when the base is cooked as it will lift from the pan easily.
7. Put your pan under the hot grill. The frittata will start to bubble, the parmesan will melt and the chorizo will become nice and crispy. Keep an eye on the pan, when everything is nice and golden and cooked through, take out and leave to cool for a few minutes and garnish with fresh herbs.
Slice and serve will a salad, leftovers or whatever you want….it's Christmas!