- 1 Organic Leg or shoulder of lamb, approx 2.5kg
- 1kg Potatoes
- 2-3 Onions
- 1 Head of garlic
- 2 Red peppers
- 2 Lemons
- 4 Medium tomatoes
- Bunch of fresh thyme
- Stick of cinnamon
- 4 Bay leaves
- Fresh oregano - a few sprigs plus a tablespoon of chopped leaves
- Garlic olive oil
- 100ml Chicken bone broth
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat your oven to 160 °C.
2. Wash and chop all the veggies, apart from the garlic which you just slice horizontally to expose the middle of each clove. Add all veggies, garlic herbs (apart from a tablespoon of chopped oregano) and stock to a large roasting dish or casserole.
3. Rub the lamb with a drizzle of garlic oil, sprinkle with the remaining oregano, salt and pepper, and nestle on top of the vegetables.
4. Cover well with parchment or a lid and roast for 4 hours. Go for a walk, go to the pub, read the paper - whatever floats your boat.
5. After 4 hours, your house will smell incredible- remove the parchment or lid and roast for a further hour.
6. Serve alongside something green, some bread or nothing at all - it’s a complete meal as is & is utterly gorgeous.