Next day delivery UK mainland 4692 reviews 4.71 out 5 rating Award winning produce
- 1kg Strong Bread Flour
- 1 tbsp Fast Action Yeast
- 600ml warm water
- 2 tsp Caster sugar
- 4 tsp Salt
- 100ml Olive oil
- 150g Plum Tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp Dried thyme
- 1 tbsp Dried oregano
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 x Coombe Farm Organic Chicken Sausages
- 200g Monterrey Jack Cheese, grated
- 100g Mozzarella, ripped
- 1 Small Red Onion, sliced
- Chillies/ Red Peppers, sliced thin (optional)
- To make the dough, fill a jug with 600ml warm water and add the yeast and sugar. Mix and leave for 10-15 minutes until it starts to froth.
- In a large bowl, add the flour and salt. Make a well in the middle then pour in the water/yeast mix, followed by the olive oil.
- Combine with a spoon and then turn out onto a well-floured surface and knead by hand for 5-10 minutes. Return the dough to an oiled bowl and cover until doubled in size then place in the fridge for a minimum of 12 hours to a day for a seriously good dough.
- When you are ready to make the pizza, remove the dough from the fridge 4 hours in advance before shaping it into 4 balls. Bench rest until you are ready to make the base by either shaping into a circle by hand.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place them in a roasting tin. Cover with herbs, chopped garlic, and olive oil then place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the roast tomatoes from the oven and transfer the mix to a food processor. Add the fresh basil then process until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a container and cover until ready. If you make this in advance, allow to cool, then store in the fridge.
Making the pizza:
- Preheat oven to as high as it goes (mine sits at around 240c). If you have a pizza oven then even better.
- Add the sausages to a frying pan with a drop of oil and brown them for 5 minutes. Once cooked, remove sausages from the pan and cut them into discs.
- Shape the pizza dough into a 12-inch base and transfer to a pizza stone or round baking tray. Spoon on the tomato sauce and top with sausages, cheese, and sliced onion. Go wild with whatever toppings you want or keep it simple.
- Place the tray on the top shelf and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cut into portions and serve hot.
Buy your ingredients
Organic Chicken Sausages