- 500g Organic Turkey Mince
- 6 -8 Spring onions - sliced
- 2 Cloves garlic - thinly sliced
- Oregano - 1 teaspoon
- 800ml Organic Chicken Broth, plus an extra 200ml water
- 300g Orzo
- 100g each of peas, green beans, and tender stem broccoli - chop the beans and broccoli into thirds
- 1 Courgette - diced into 1cm cubes
- 75g Feta
- 2 tbs Toasted pine nuts
- Mint - a few leaves
- 1/2 Lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
1. In a wide saucepan or casserole suitable for the hob, heat some oil over a high heat and brown the turkey mince, in batches if necessary. Set aside.
2. Wipe out the pan, add a little oil, and over a low/medium heat, fry the onions and garlic until the raw garlic smell has gone.
3. Add the broccoli and green beans and 800ml of stock, bring to the boil rapidly.
4. Once booking add the orzo and oregano.
5. After 3 mins the orzo should be almost cooked, add the turkey, courgette, and peas and turn the heat down.
6. When the orzo is cooked (you may want to add a little more of the stock to stop it drying out) add the spinach and stir to wilt. Season to taste.
7. Remove from the heat and crumble over the feta, sprinkle the pine nuts, mint, and lemon zest. Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil