Next day delivery UK mainland 4468 reviews 4.71 out 5 rating Award winning produce
- 4 x Coombe Farm Organic Beef Short Ribs (approx. 1.5kg)
- 220g Chipotle in Adobo Sauce
- 500ml Can Guinness
- 5 Garlic cloves
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Brown Onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Dried cumin
- 1 tbsp Ground coriander
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tbsp Ancho chilli flakes
- Vegetable Oil
- Juice of two Limes
Charred Pineapple Salsa:
- ½ Fresh Pineapple
- 1 Whole corn on the cob
- 1 Red onion, diced
- 3 tbsp Freshly chopped coriander
- 2 red Chillies, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp Ground coriander
- 2 tsp Dried oregano
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 400g All-purpose flour
- 240ml Warm water
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Pour 1 tbsp oil into a heavy-bottomed pan, place the short ribs fat side down and brown all over for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer to your slow cooker. Finely chop the onion and scatter on top of the ribs.
- Pour the Guinness and Chipotle in Adobo Sauce into a blender then add the garlic and spices, blitz until smooth. Pour the marinade over the short ribs, ensuring they are well coated, add the bay leaves then cover with a lid and slow cook over a medium heat for 6 hours.
- Once the ribs have cooked, remove the bones and bay leaves then shred with two forks. Leave the meat in the marinade until you are ready to serve (for best results leave overnight in the fridge to let the flavour develop. Simply reheat for your guests and garnish with fresh chopped coriander.
Charred Pineapple Salsa:
- Dice the red onion and transfer to a bowl along with the herbs, spices and chopped coriander.
- Slice the skin from the pineapple and cut into ½ inch thick discs. Place them under a hot grill for a couple of minutes until a slight char develops. Remove from grill, cut into bite sized chunks and transfer to the bowl.
- Place the corn under the grill and cook until slightly charred, remove from oven and cut the corn from the cob.
- Add the corn to the bowl then stir in the oil, lime juice and combine the ingredients together.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- Pour the flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Make a well in the middle then add water and oil. Mix with a spoon to form a light dough then tip out onto a well-floured surface and knead by hand for 10 minutes. Let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut the dough into portions, form into a ball using your hands and flatten with a rolling pin, making 6-inch-wide tortillas.
- Place a heavy bottom pan over a high heat and dry fry the tortillas for one minute per side.
- Remove from heat and stack them up in a dishcloth to keep them soft and flexible.
- Keep the tortillas covered until you are ready to serve.