Next day delivery UK mainland 4490 reviews 4.71 out 5 rating Award winning produce
- 2 tbsp Gochujang (Korean chilli paste), alternatively Sriracha
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp runny honey
- 1 small thumb fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 lime, zest & juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1.8kg - 2kg Coombe Farm Organic Spatchcock Chicken
- 20g sesame seeds
- Lime wedges,
- BBQ-charred spring onions
- First, make the marinade. Combine the Gochujang, sweet chilli, oil, honey, ginger and lime zest and juice. Season with a little salt.
- Place the chicken in a large roasting tin and cover the entire bird with two-thirds of the marinade reserving the remaining third for during the cooking. Marinate the chicken in the fridge for at least 2 hours but ideally overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge 15 minutes before cooking to come to room temperature and set the oven to 220°Cfan/gas 9.
- Place the chicken in the hot oven for 20 minutes until the chicken starts to char. After 20 minutes, reduce the temperature to 180C fan/gas 6, pour over the remaining marinade and return to oven for a further 25 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking, sprinkle over the sesame seeds and return to the oven to cook through.
- When the cooking juices run clear, remove the chicken from the oven and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes. Serve with lime wedges and charred spring onions.
Buy your ingredients
Organic Spatchcock Chicken