For the terrine
- 10 Organic smoked salmon slices
- 250g Organic hot-smoked salmon
- 125g Full fat cream cheese
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- 100ml organic double cream
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 small handful of dill, chopped
- Olive oil for greasing
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
For the horseradish mousse
- 1 cup good quality mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup Prepared Horseradish
- 1½ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Hot Sauce, we like Franks
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Organic double cream
1.Grease the inside of a small terrine dish with olive oil and line with cling film. Line the terrine dish with the smoked salmon slices so that they slightly overlap and come far enough up over the sides of the dish to cover the surface of the terrine when filled.
2.To a food processor, flake the hot-smoked salmon, any trimmings leftover from lining the terrine dish, cream cheese and lemon juice and blitz into a smooth paste. Now add the double cream and cayenne and blitz again but be careful not to overwork.
3.Taste the fish paste, season with salt and pepper to your taste, fold in the chopped dill and then transfer to the terrine dish. Fold the smoked salmon slices to cover the filling and cover with a sheet of cling film, chill in the fridge for 6 hours.
4.Whilst the terrine is chilling, make the horseradish mouse, in a bowl whisk the mayonnaise, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, hot sauce and salt.
5.In a separate bowl, whip the double cream until it forms soft peaks, fold into the mayonnaise mixture and refrigerate until ready to serve.
6.To serve the terrine, turn it out of the terrine dish, remove the cling film and slice into 4 portions, arrange on serving plates with a generous dollop of horseradish mousse and hot toast.