Next day delivery UK mainland 4252 reviews 4.72 out 5 rating Award winning produce
For the anchovy dressing:
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 x 50g/2oz tin of anchovies, drained
For the cracked wheat:
- 250g/9oz cracked wheat
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- splash of olive oil
- 150g/51⁄2oz mixed seeds (pumpkin and sunflower work well) 1⁄2 bunch of parsley, chopped
- and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- For the anchovy dressing, mix the shallot and anchovies in a bowl with the vinegar and oil, ensuring that the anchovies are dispersed throughout. Set aside.
- Put the cracked wheat in a large heatproof bowl, pour over 500ml/2 cups boiling water, cover and leave for 15 minutes.
- Sweat the leek, celery and garlic in a pan with the oil until tender. Mix with the cracked wheat. Toast the seeds in a dry pan and add to the cracked wheat with the chopped parsley. Mix well and season to taste.
- Cut the goat rump into 4 equal portions and seal in a hot pan with the oil until the outside is browned. Add the butter and, when it is melted and foaming, spoon it over the loin.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 4 minutes. The rump is best served pink but needs to be rested well (for around 10 minutes) in a warm place.
- Heap the cracked wheat onto four plates. Slice the rump thinly and place on top. Spoon over the anchovy dressing and serve.