Next day delivery UK mainland
4.73 out 5 rating
Award winning produce
Ingredients & instructions
Leg of Organic Lamb with Peppercorns
Give this fragrant recipe a try to impress your family and friends with a fresh twist on a classic roast lamb.
- Prepare: 4 Hours
- Cook: 50 Minutes
- Serves 4
- In a small frying pan over a medium heat, dry-toast the black and pink peppercorns, chilli flakes, fennel and coriander seeds for 30 seconds, until they begin to pop and smell delicious.
- Take the toasted spices then blitz to a fine paste.
- In a large bowl, mix the spice paste with the lemon zest, paprika, oil, vinegar and a pinch of sea salt. sprinkle oregano leaves, add the garlic powder, then finely slice and stir through the chilli until combined. Add the organic lamb to the bowl and rub the marinade all over the meat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 to 6 hours, but ideally overnight.
- Remove from the fridge at least 30 minutes before you're ready to cook, so the lamb comes up to room temperature. You can untie your organic leg of lamb and fire up your barbecue, then once hot, cook the meat for 30 to 35 minutes or until medium-rare, turning it every 10 minutes or so.
- Transfer the lamb to a board and allow to rest for 10 minutes while you make your salad.
- Slice the lamb on the board and halve the zested lemon. Serve the lamb on the board with the summer salad
- Alternatively roast for approximately 45 minutes per kilo in a 180˚C oven. Allow to rest, letting the meat relax and the juices settle.