200g Organic Chorizo (Skinned and Sliced)
1 Bunch Coriander, Chopped
3 Cloves of Garlic, Crushed
1 Small Onion, Finely Chopped
150ml White Wine
30g Organic Butter
2x Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Pinch of Saffron
1x Red Chili, Finely Chopped
250g Risotto Rice
1 Lemon, Juiced
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 oC, gas mark 4.
- Warm a large pan, then add the Butter. Once bubbling, add the Organic Chicken Breast and brown on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the Organic Chicken Breasts on an oven tray and bake for 25 minutes, until the chicken breasts are golden, caremelised and super juicy on the inside.
- While the Organic Chicken is cooking, begin to make the risotto. Heat the Organic Chicken Broth in a pan.
- In a Sauté pan, cook the sliced Organic Chorizo for two minutes, until it’s slightly coloured and the oil melts away from it. Remove the Organic Chorizo and keep warm. Into the oil add the chopped onion and cook for one minute, stirring continuously, add the crushed garlic and risotto rice.
- Once the rice is coated with the oil, add the white wine, and increase the heat, stirring occasionally until the wine is absorbed into the rice. Now add the Saffron and the hot Organic Chicken Bone Broth a ladle at a time, stirring until absorbed before adding the next ladle.
- Once you’ve added all the Organic Chicken Bone Broth and the rice is cooked, add the Organic Chorizo, chili, lemon juice and coriander, along with the juices from the Cooked Chicken roasting pan.
- Divide the risotto between four plates and place the Chicken Breast on top. Delicious!
FREQUENTLY ASKED CHICKEN RISOTTO QUESTIONS:
Chorizo is a traditional spiced Spanish sausage and it’s fair to say the Spanish know a thing or two when it comes to charcuterie, which was originally a product of necessity – made as a way of preserving precious meat that would otherwise spoil. We draw on traditional Spanish skills when we make our organic spicy chorizo, making a distinctive sausage, packed with tongue-tingling flavour and full of rough-cut pork for fantastic texture. We've upped the spice level we use for our organic chorizo, adding an extra pinch of paprika to satisfy those looking for something that little bit hotter. It won't blow your head off, but you'll certainly appreciate its satisfying warmth.
Serve your spicy chorizo thinly sliced as an elegant appetizer to accompany a glass of sherry. Or add it to a beef or pork stew to inject a little hint of interest and subtle layers of flavour. On a deli board, it works beautifully with the creamy delicacy of ripe brie or the tangy bite of a good manchego.
Risotto is a traditional Northern Italian dish, Arborio rice is combined with stock, wine, butter, onion and cheese to make a creamy risotto base to which meat or fish can be added. It’s a simple dish, yet packs plenty of flavour and is a real winner with the whole family.
Organic chicken has been reared in accordance to strict organic high-welfare standards These organic standards cover not just the bird’s housing, the amount of space they have and the way they are treated, but also what they are fed, how they are transported and eventually slaughtered. At Coombe Farm Organic we have only one way to grow chicken. We work with a partner farmer in Devon's Blackdown Hills who rears accredited organic birds that are fully free range. They have the liberty to scratch and peck as their natural instincts dictate and they have plenty of room to flap and run. Our chickens eat a wholly natural diet, free from growth promoters or unnecessary drugs. We think the quality of their lives is clear from the quality of their meat.
Bone broth is made by simmering the bones and connective tissue of animals, the broth can then be drank or used to make soups, sauces or gravies. Whilst drinking bone broth has become popular in recent times, the use of bone broth actually dates back to prehistoric times, when hunter-gatherers turned otherwise inedible animal parts like bones, hooves and knuckles into a broth they could drink. At Coombe Farm Organic we're proud to sell Borough Broth Co products. Slow-cooked to a secret recipe using organic bones, pure spring water, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar and plenty of care and attention, these broths taste deeply delicious and are a great way to keep your gut happy.