400g Fish of Your Choice Such As:
400ml Organic Milk
25g Organic Butter
25g Spelt Flour
1 Onion, Diced
1 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
A Handful of Peas
1 Garlic clove, Crushed
200g Cheddar Cheese, grated
A Handful of Chives
25g Parmesan, Grated
100ml Organic Cream
Salt and Pepper to Season
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan. Sweat the onion and garlic in a wide pan with a splash of olive oil, adding a little salt to keep it from sticking.
- Pour in the milk, bring to just below boiling then turn down the heat and add the fish. Simmer for around 5 minutes until the chunks of fish are lightly poached then carefully stir in the flour to thicken the sauce. Add the peas, chives and mustard, stir through then remove from the heat and set aside.
- In another pan, boil the potatoes until they’re soft then drain and mash until smooth. Add the cream, butter and grated parmesan and whip the potato until it’s light and fluffy. Season to taste.
- Transfer the fish filling to an ovenproof dish and cover it with the potato. Sprinkle over the grated cheddar and bake for about 40 minutes, until the potato topping is golden and the filling is bubbling.
- Serve immediately with torn crusty sourdough bread.