Next day delivery UK mainland Award winning produce
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Zest and squeeze 1 lemon; slice the other thickly into rounds. Set aside.
- Rub the skin of the chicken generously with butter, then season it with salt and pepper.
- Remove the leaves from the fresh herbs and sprinkle them over the buttered chicken. Drizzle over the lemon juice and scatter the lemon zest.
- Split the garlic into cloves and, without peeling, nestle them around the chicken. Follow with the lemon slices before roasting the bird for 45 minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer to check if the chicken is cooked – it should be between 72°C and 75°C at the thickest part. Alternatively, check by taking hold of the drumstick and twisting gently. If it comes away easily, it's done.
- Carve and serve with crispy roast potatoes and a crunchy green salad.