Organic Spathcock Chicken
2 whole lemon
1 onion bulb
Handful fresh thyme
Handful fresh sage
Handful fresh sorrel
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
70g organic butter
- Heat the oven to 190°C.
- Remove the zest and squeeze the juice from 1 lemon. Slice the other lemon to roast later.
- Rub butter generously over the skin of the spatchcock chicken, and then season it with salt and pepper.
- Remove the leaves from all the fresh herbs and sprinkle them over the chicken. Drizzle over the lemon juice and scatter the lemon zest.
- Crush the garlic cloves and nestle them around the chicken. Decorate with the lemon slices and roast for 1 hour.
- Check the chicken is perfectly cooked by using a thermometer. The core temperature should be between 72°C and 75°C. You can also check by taking hold of the drumstick and twisting gently, if it comes away easily