4 organic duck legs
100g sea salt
50g ground black pepper
- Pat the duck legs dry and then season them generously with salt and pepper, rubbing it into all the nooks and crannies.
- Transfer the legs to a shallow dish (you’re looking for a snug fit) and coat them generously with ghee, pouring it all over until they’re well covered. Sprinkle with a thick crust of salt and pepper.
- Cover the dish with a layer of greaseproof paper and put it into the fridge for 24 hours to marinate.
- When you’re ready to cook, heat the oven to 160°C fan, replace the greaseproof with a tight covering of foil and cook for 3 hours.
- You’ll know the duck is cooked when its core temperature reaches 65°C and the meat falls easily away from the bone.
- To finish, drain the duck legs on some kitchen paper before crisping the skin in a frying pan until it's well browned all over. Serve with dauphinoise potatoes and spiced red cabbage.
Buy your ingredients
Organic Duck Legs