250g of Risotto Rice
150g of Butter
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
100ml of Olive Oil
1 Large Onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 Grated Garlic clove
1 Sprig of finely chopped Thyme Leaves
1.4Litre of Vegetable Stock
1 Grated Carrot
½ Shredded Cabbage
2 Tsp. of Light Mascarpone
125g of Grated Parmesan
6g of Finely chopped Tarragon
250g Shredded Turkey
- Start by making the bubble and squeak. Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan and add the chopped carrots, letting them sizzle over a medium heat until they’re starting to soften. Add the shredded cabbage and turkey, stir well to combine with the carrot, and then pour in 100ml of stock. Let the mixture bubble gently for a few minutes, warming the turkey and cooking the cabbage. Season and set aside.
- For the risotto, melt 75g of butter in a large pan. Add the onion, garlic and thyme, sweating them over a medium heat until they’re softened but not browned.
- Add the rice to the onion mix and stir thoroughly to ensure each grain is well coated with butter. With the pan still on a medium heat, stir a ladleful of hot stock into the rice and stir. Keep stirring until the rice has absorbed the liquid, and then add another ladleful of stock. Stir constantly, adding the stock gradually as the rice soaks it up. Once 1l of stock has been added, remove the rice from the heat.
- Check the risotto to make sure the rice is cooked through. Add more stock if it’s too thick. You might not need all of the stock to get a consistency you’re happy with.
- Stir the bubble and squeak and the mascarpone through the rice. Again, you can add a splash more stock if you want to loosen the mixture.
- Serve the risotto in a large bowl, sprinkled with Parmesan for a finishing touch.