Next day delivery UK mainland 4490 reviews 4.71 out 5 rating Award winning produce
- Pour 1 tbsp of the oil into a small frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add the onion and cook until golden.
- Place the sausage meat in a big bowl and add the herbs, apricots, cooked onion and the rest of the olive oil. Mix well.
- Lay the pork belly skin up on a board and, with a sharp knife, score the skin. Rub the sea salt into the skin and massage in well, making sure it gets into all the scores. Turn the belly over, sprinkle this side with seasoning then glaze it with the warmed honey until it’s well covered.
- Spoon the stuffing onto the pork belly in a line, just in from one of the short edges. Fold the end over the stuffing then roll the whole thing up. Secure with string.
- Place on a wire rack over a roasting dish and chill in the fridge for 24 hours. This lets the skin dry out (so you get amazing crackling) while the stuffing flavours the meat.
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Take the pork belly out of the fridge to come up to room temperature, drizzle it with the rest of the oil and season with salt.
- Place the pork in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, then turn the oven down to 170°C and continue cooking for 4 hours. When that time’s up, turn the oven back to 200°C and cook for the remaining 30 minutes.
- Resting this joint is crucial, once cooked take it out of the oven and keep it warm while letting it rest for 20 minutes.
- We suggest serving alongside boulangère potatoes and buttered cabbage.