2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Onion, Peeled and Finely Chopped
2 Crushed Garlic Cloves
75g Fresh White Breadcrumbs
1Tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
2 Tsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
1 Lemon (you will need the zest and juice)
1 Free-range Egg Yolk
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1-2 tbsp. butter
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion, crushed garlic and fry for 4 to 5 minutes until golden.
- Place the breadcrumbs, parsley, thyme, lemon zest and lemon juice in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Remove the frying pan from the hob and add the garlic, onion and egg yolk to the breadcrumbs, mixing thoroughly. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Lay the chicken thighs on a board, skin side down, opening them out flat. Fill each thigh with an even layer of the herby stuffing before rolling it up and securing it with a cocktail stick.
- Place the stuffed thighs in the roasting dish, skin side up, and place in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with wilted spinach or shredded seasonal greens and some honey-roast carrots.
FREQUENTLY ASKED CHICKEN THIGH QUESTIONS:
If you're looking for a versatile Chicken cut that delivers great flavour and texture, look no further than Coombe Farm Organic Chicken Thighs. With the skin on and bone left in, you're guaranteed succulence throughout. This is a cut that has a slightly higher fat content than our chicken breast, which means it's juicy and sweetly flavoursome. Perfect for quick salads or slow-cooked stews, Organic Chicken Thigh is a healthy, delicious source of protein.
Organic chicken has been reared in accordance to a set of organic high-welfare standards These organic standards cover not just the bird’s housing, the amount of space they have and the way they are treated, but also what they are fed, how they are transported and eventually slaughtered. At Coombe Farm Organic we have only one way to grow chicken. We work with a partner farmer in Devon's Blackdown Hills who rears accredited organic birds that are fully free range. They have the liberty to scratch and peck as their natural instincts dictate and they have plenty of room to flap and run. Our chickens eat a wholly natural diet, free from growth promoters or unnecessary drugs. We think the quality of their lives is clear from the quality of their meat.
It's the flavour of our organic chicken thigh that makes it such a special cut. It can stand up to all sorts of bold ingredients so is ideal in dishes that are hot with chilli or heady with spice. For use in everything from fajitas to Thai curries, salads to stir fries, just oven roast the thighs with the skin on and bone in for around 20 to 30 minutes on a medium heat. Allow to cool before stripping off the meat and adding it to your chosen dish. For a slow-cooked classic, combine with red wine, shallots, lardons and wild mushrooms for a hearty and earthy coq au vin.
Organic chicken thighs are a freezer friendly staple, are big on flavour and extremely versatile. Slow cook, roast or BBQ them and serve with roasted veg, crunchy stir fry, tabbouleh, sweet potato fries, quinoa salad, crispy smashed garlic potatoes or cheesy cauliflower gratin.
At Coombe Farm Organic, we love chicken on the bone, a firm favourite for us are organic chicken thighs. When you cook chicken thighs with the bone in, the flavour from the bone spreads into the meat, giving you a deeper, meatier flavour. Team that meaty flavour with crispy chicken skin and we think you are on to a real winner.