1. Rest your bird on your side at room temperature for an hour or so. 2. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
3. Grab yourself a good-sized roasting tray, deep enough to catch the fat and juices from your bird.
4. Rub a little salt over the skin of your bird before covering the bird in foil. 5. Place in your oven for 45 minutes per kg.
6. We recommend removing the foil for the final 15 minutes of cooking time to give that gorgeous skin a chance to brown and crisp.
7. Once cooked, remove from your oven. Place your duck on a carving board covered in a few layers of foil for at least 20 minutes. Just enough time to roast some veggies in the mouth-watering fat that has been left in your tray. If you aren’t roasting veggies, once cool enough we recommend pouring the juices and fat into a jar and retaining it for another day - it makes the very best roast potatoes.